Let’s face it, dating in the gay scene is complicated. Everyone has a label, but no one wants to be labeled. People have very specific desires, but try to cast a wide net, so you have to do a certain amount of reading between the lines.
The upside is that gay hookups also have an amount of clarity you don’t always find elsewhere. It’s not uncommon to see sexual preferences spelled out blatantly in a profile, so at least you’ll know the highlights of who you’re looking at, and if you’re looking for a no strings hook up, that’s important.
Gay dating has unique challenges. Even as far as we’ve come, there’s still sometimes a need for discretion, and prejudices within the community are read when it comes to age, race, and body type, so you’ll have to navigate around that.
So let’s talk about a few tips for setting up your profile for success, after all, it doesn’t matter how many emails you send or receive, it matters that you’re having mindblowing sex on a regular basis. So here goes:
1. Be honest. If you are a bottom, and all you do is bottom, don’t put versatile in front of it so more people will message you. There’s some hung top out there just waiting for someone who isn’t versatile at all.
2. Stick with your strengths. Gay hook ups are about fun, so stick with what you know. If you’re hung, have stamina, great at eating ass, sell yourself. Ask an ex to give you your strengths honestly, and write from there.
3. Don’t discount the importance of photos. Dick pics are par for the course in gay dating profiles, so set yourself apart. Use interesting pictures. A shirtless picture of you by the lake with a campfire and a dog is sexy and more impressive than a cell phone snap of your johnson. Want to include a picture of your dick, just use a naked photo that includes all of you, laying relaxed on your bed from a nice angle.
The same with your ass. Enough with the spread ass closeups. Have a friend take a picture of you leaned slightly over the counter in your bathroom brushing your teeth naked in an editorial style and then turn it into a black and white. Same amount of effort – 1000% more impressive.
4. If you’re hooking up on a local gay dating site, make sure to include the general area of town you’re in. Nothing bums out a potential hookup like finding out you have to fight 45 minutes of rush hour traffic to get laid.
5. Be respectful. You meet up with that guy from the local gay dating site, there’s a protocol. The first hook up is like a job interview. Show up looking nice, don’t bitch about your ex, pay attention to their needs in bed. Good reviews are as important in bed as they are on Amazon.
Use these tips and you’ll increase the quality of your gay hook ups almost immediately!